Bandwidth and Energy are the two essential resources that are needed to perform transactions and run smart contracts on the Tron blockchain.
Regular transactions (such as TRC10 token transfer, freeze, vote and unfreeze transactions) consume only Bandwidth. Whereas, TRC20 token transfer and running smart contract transactions consume both Bandwidth and Energy.
Every wallet in the Tron blockchain acquires 5000 Bandwidth for free. This is enough to perform a few regular transactions every day. More Bandwidth and Energy can be acquired by freezing TRX.
You can freeze TRX inside Klever Wallet for Bandwidth or Energy as follows:
Step 1: Tap on the Portfolio icon from the bottom menu on the home page. Then, select TRX (TRON) token and choose an account from which you want to freeze TRX.
Step 2 : Inside the TRX Account, tap on FREEZE icon. Inside the Freezing screen, select BANDWIDTH or ENERGY. Enter the amount of TRX to freeze, then tap on Freeze button. Note, you may enable Freeze to another address switch and provide another address to receive Bandwidth or Energy on it.
Step 3: In the next screen, you can review all the details of the transaction before tapping on Submit Transaction button. After that, enter your PIN code to sign the transaction, and you are done.
You can unfreeze them at any time but you can withdraw them only after 14 days as stake 2.0 launched.
When you freeze TRX you also acquire Tron Power which enables you to Vote for Tron Super Representatives. Note, you have to vote in order to receive rewards.
Tron foundation has released stake 2.0 mechanism. Compared with the current Stake 1.0, Stake 2.0 improves the flexibility of stake, reduces the complexity of user operations, and improves resource delegating efficiency and resource utilization. Stake 2.0 also realizes the seamless integration of the staking system and TVM, supports the execution of staking and resource delegate operations in smart contracts, and enriches the application scenarios to TRON smart contracts.
|Operation of staking
|Staker can only assig resource recipients when staking
|Staker obtains resources by staking first, and the resources can be delegated to others then
|Undelegating needs unstaking in the meantime.
|Undelegating does not need unstaking anymore.
|Any unstaking will revoke all votes in the account
|Partial unstaking would not revoke all votes, it only revokes a certain amount of votes as needed if the spare voting rights are insufficient for release
|Unstaking and Undelegating cannot specify the amount of TRX
|Unstaking and Undelegating can specify the amount of TRX
|Unstaking can only be done three days later after staking for a type of resource and recipient, a new staking transaction will make all TRX staked for such type of resource and recipient locked again for three days
|Unstaking can be done anytime, would not be affected by new staking transactions, 14 days needs to be waited before withdrawing
- When you make a transaction, if your wallet does not contain enough Bandwidth and Energy then some amount of TRX will be automatically burnt to generate the needed Bandwidth and Energy. This burnt TRX acts as a transaction fee on the Tron blockchain.
- To reduce transaction fees on the Tron blockchain, it is recommended to freeze TRX to acquire Bandwidth and Energy.
- When you freeze TRX you can only choose one of the two resources: Bandwidth or Energy. However, you can repeat the freezing process as many times as you want and, each time, you can choose Bandwidth or Energy. The acquired Bandwidth and Energy will add up.
- Smart contracts consume more Energy than Bandwidth. So, Energy is more needed to interact with dApps and perform operations such as staking tokens.
- The amount of Bandwidth and Energy required by smart contracts is not fixed. It depends on the underlying operations and the time required to perform them. We recommend contacting smart contract owners for details about the amount of Bandwidth and Energy required to run their contracts.
- Bandwidth and Energy automatically start to recharge every time some amount gets consumed from your wallet to perform transactions. It takes 24 hours for Bandwidth and Energy to get fully re-charged starting from zero.